Affordability is a hot button topic in senior living.
The ongoing focus on developing market rate housing development is leading to a supply-demand imbalance for seniors seeking middle market and low income housing, and housing inventory.
But there are a growing number of developers committed to meeting the need for middle market and low income senior housing across the country, allowing seniors with tight budgets to age in place and with dignity.
To learn more about the developers addressing the need for middle market and low income senior housing, listen to the latest episode of Transform, a podcast about the people and ideas shaping the future of senior living, sponsored by PointClickCare.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Sustainable Housing for Ageless Generations (SHAG) Executive Director Jay Woolford and Prime Senior Housing Group President of Development Debra Maynard. Learn more about:
- What are the target markets for middle market and low income senior housing
- The current state of affordability in senior living
- Leveraging partnerships with local organizations to help seniors age in place
- What they consider “middle market” and “affordable”
- How operations are the linchpin to successful middle market and affordable communities